We understand that many supporters have questions and concerns regarding physical mobility and accessibility issues. The Alliance strives to be as inclusive as possible, and to encourage everyone, including those with disabilities, to come out in support of science. Therefore, we have taken steps to provide everyone with a safe and welcoming environment. The following services will be made available throughout the rally and expo. Further information will be published as the logistics are set down in the weeks and days approaching the march.
- ASL Interpreters will be provided for all speeches and announcements throughout the day.
- Designated spaces for the D/deaf and hard-of-hearing: The spaces will be set near to the stage, and will have room for those with hearing issues to stand and sit. There will also be room for wheelchair access within these spaces. Priority seating will be given to disabled and/or invisibly ill attendees, including over sponsors and speakers.
- A quiet space will also be sectioned off and provided to those with sensory disorders.
- Clearly-marked wheelchair accessible restrooms will be provided.
- Shaded areas, water, and emergency medical personnel will be widely available throughout the day, in all sections of the rally/expo.
If you have further questions or concerns, please leave a comment here, and a representative will be in contact with you shortly: