The organizers of March for Science Los Angeles have created a new, year-round organization which strives to bridge communities and bring people together around science in the Greater Los Angeles area. In addition to planning an annual event in April, our first effort as an organization is to create and maintain the LA Science Events Calendar. To add an event to the calendar, please fill out this form.
We also produce a monthly newsletter highlighting local science, policy and the work of the Alliance and our partners. Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page.
Our next endeavor will be focusing on Science Journalism in Los Angeles.
We have a range of ideas and projects which we will be taking on following the April 14 Rally and Science Expo. Please let us know about your ideas and if you would like to be involved in our new organization fill out our volunteer form.
In the Incubator
- Quarterly LAAS sponsored talks and events
- STEAM networking and happy hour events throughout the Greater LA area
- Science Program best practices database
- State and local policy tracking and advocacy
- Training for scientists to communicate with policymakers, journalists and the public